Making Pharmaceuticals Ireland Covid-19 Update
Reschedule of dates to 27 – 28 September 2022
Over recent weeks, together with some of our key supporters, we have been monitoring the impact of Covid-19 on society and particularly our market. This has included:
- Following the progress of Ireland in terms of Government Covid Alert Levels and the steps of adjustment taken to social distancing measures.
- Considering measures necessary for delivering events safely post Covid-19.
- Taking into account viewpoints relating to realities and constraints of the industry in term of attending events.
At this point in time, the Government in Ireland has still not provided a ‘green light’ for the official re-commencement of large-scale business & industry events, and/or (as is being pursued vigorously by representative events industry bodies) issued instructions on any required new health & safety protocols, for venues, visitors, exhibitors & contributors.
Naturally we have been hoping that Making Pharmaceuticals Ireland can take place as normal over the dates in September. However, although we can make contingency plans, it seems very unlikely that social distancing in-doors will be significantly below 2 metres by that time.
There are several considerations in hand. But 2 significant ones are:
- The health, safety & wellbeing of everyone at Making Pharmaceuticals Ireland.
- Protecting the investment and value of exhibitors.
Organising an event with 2 metre social distancing measures whilst feasible, is impractical. It places significant restrictions on layout of the event, its access and format as well as the flow of attendees around it. Then there are additional considerations relating to stand design and the ability of exhibitors to interact with attendees.
We will know more as this pandemic and our response to it progresses. However, it seems prudent – in the interests of protecting the value that everyone has invested in Making Pharmaceuticals Ireland – to reschedule the dates to place as much distance as possible between this pandemic and the live event. Accordingly, the dates of Making Pharmaceuticals Ireland are 27 – 28 September 2022.